Ice, debris, poor lighting, and food spills lead to numerous slip and fall accidents each year in the Bronx. While many people believe that fall injuries only affect the elderly, anyone can sustain catastrophic harm as a result of a slip and fall accident.
If you or someone you love is injured because of a negligent property owner, seek medical care. Depending on the cause, location, and many other factors, your condition may be severe. Below are some of the most common injuries caused by slip and fall accidents:
- Cuts and abrasions — Many falls lead to cuts and abrasions which can lead to unsightly wounds and even scarring. While often superficial, these injuries may be indicative of more serious conditions such as broken bones or fractures.
- Soft tissue injuries — Because they occur beneath the skin, soft tissue injuries can remain undetected for some time after a slip and fall accident. Examples include severe sprains, ligament damage, and tendon tears. If left untreated, these injuries can lead to chronic pain.
- Traumatic brain injuries — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that falls are the number one cause of traumatic brain injuries or TBIs. TBIs can lead to a wide range of symptoms and can result in permanent disability.
- Fractures and broken bones — According to the CDC, each year at least 300,000 older people are hospitalized for hip fractures as a result of fall accidents. Fractures and broken bones can be excruciatingly painful and can prevent you from working or enjoying life. It is common for slip and fall accidents to cause broken fingers, arms, legs, ankles, and other bones.
- Spinal cord injuries — Severe spinal cord injuries can lead to chronic pain, paralysis and even death. The most serious conditions occur when the spinal cord is severed or compressed. Victims often require lifelong care and treatment.
Make no mistake, slip and falls are not a laughing matter. When they are caused by a careless property owner, victims deserve justice. If you suffer any type of fall injury and believe negligence is to blame, consult with a skilled accident lawyer immediately.
Dedicated Slip and Fall Lawyer Serving Bronx Injury Victims
No one should have to suffer because of the action or inaction of a reckless property owner. The Law Offices of Evan W. Kohn provides experienced counsel to slip and fall victims throughout the Bronx. Call 718-409-5500 or contact us online today for a free initial consultation. Se habla español.