Add Your Heading Text Here
If you have been injured in an Ulster County car accident due to the negligence of another, it is in your best interest to seek immediate legal counsel. When the negligent, reckless, or careless actions of another cause you harm, you may be able to obtain significant compensation for damages suffered. In Ulster County car accidents, common damages include medical bills, lost wages, vehicle repair bills, and expenses related to emotional pain and suffering.
Data compiled by the New York State Department of Health has revealed that among residents of Ulster County who were hospitalized after a traffic accident, about 40 percent were diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury (TBI), and that car accidents are the second leading cause of accidental death in Ulster County.
Compassionate Car Accident Attorney Serving Ulster County and Surrounding Areas
At The The Law Offices of Evan W. Kohn, our highly-skilled, compassionate car accident lawyers have successfully represented countless auto accident victims in Ulster County including Kingston, Ellenville, New Paltz, Highland, Woodstock and more. We will investigate the accident, gather evidence to substantiate your claim, position you for the best possible outcome, and negotiate for the maximum compensation available. Contact one of our knowledgeable motor vehicle collision attorneys today at 1-800-750-4878 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.
Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
Our experienced car crash team handles every type of auto accident that results in damages. Some of the most common include:
• Single vehicle crashes: When a car or truck crashes into a tree or telephone pole, negligence may still have been at play. If, for example, the car’s brakes were defective or construction debris in the road contributed to the collision, the at-fault party may be liable for damages.
• Head-on Collisions: When the front end of one vehicle crashes into the front end of another vehicle, this is known as a head-on collision. Sadly, these accidents often result in serious injury or death, especially when they occur on the highway.
• Rear-end Accidents: When the front end of one vehicle collides with the back end of another vehicle, this is known as a rear-end accident. Distraction is almost always involved in these accidents, especially when the vehicle in front was stopped at an intersection or stop light.
• T-bone Crashes: When the front end of one vehicle collides with the side of another vehicle, this is known as a t-bone collision, as the two vehicles form a “T” shape. T-bone accidents frequently result in extensive damage to the vehicle, and injuries depend on where the car was hit and where the occupants were seated.
What Are Common Causes of Car Wrecks in Ulster County
Car wrecks in Ulster County can occur for myriad reasons, and not all of these causes involve negligence. An experienced Ulster County car accident lawyer can help you determine if negligence played a role in your crash.
Some of the most common causes of negligence-based accidents in Ulster County include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Speeding and other forms of reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Defective or faulty equipment
- Poor roadway design
If you believe that negligence contributed to your accident, the Kingston & Ulster County car accident attorneys at The The Law Offices of Evan W. Kohn can help.
Common Car Wreck Injuries In Ulster County
Car wreck injuries can range from mild bruising to spinal cord damage and even death, but certain injuries are more prevalent than others. Some of the auto accident injuries we see most frequently include:
• Whiplash—One of the most common motor vehicle accident injuries is whiplash, which often occurs when a sudden stop causes the head to “whip” back and forth. Damage to the tendons and muscles in the neck can be minor or severe.
• Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)—When the brain is jostled around in the skull during an impact, it may result in a concussion. These injuries can be mild and heal on their own in time, or they can be serious and carry lifelong, debilitating complications.
• Internal bleeding—One of the most dangerous injuries in a car crash, internal bleeding may not produce symptoms for days following the accident. This is one of the reasons it is so important to seek immediate medical attention after a collision, even if you don’t think you’ve been injured. Soft-tissue damage is another injury that is often asymptomatic for an extended period of time.
• Broken bones—Although any bones can break in a car crash, the parts of the body that most commonly experience bone fractures are the extremities, such as the arms, legs, hands, and feet. These injuries can be especially debilitating in older individuals.
• Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)—Emotional trauma, such as PTSD, anxiety, and depression often accompanies serious auto accidents. These injuries, classified as emotional pain and suffering, are a common damage in car crash cases, and often account for a significant percentage of the total compensation.
In addition to the above injuries, skin lacerations, eye injuries, back and spine injuries, and wrongful death are all commonly attributed to auto accidents. If you’ve been injured in a collision, seek immediate medical attention.
Book a Free Consultation With An Ulster County Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Ulster County, the skilled legal team at The The Law Offices of Evan W. Kohn can help. Our experienced New York car accident lawyers have protected the rights of countless auto accident victims, and we have an impressive track record of obtaining substantial compensation in a timely manner. We will review your case and ensure that you fully understand your rights and options before moving forward. Don’t go through this difficult time without the help of a knowledgeable attorney by your side. Contact The The Law Offices of Evan W. Kohn today a 1-800-750-4878 for a free and confidential consultation about your case.