Bronx Transit Accident Lawyer for Manhattan and Bronx, NY
Accidents involving public or mass transit systems are well-known for causing serious injuries and, in some tragic cases, death.
If you or someone you care for has recently sustained an injury involving public transportation, now is the time to set up a free consultation at the Law Office of Evan W. Kohn. Mr. Kohn is very well-versed in transit accident law, and if you are in Manhattan and the Bronx, he is the lawyer you can trust.
He has handled cases involving the following kinds of accidents:
- Taxi Accidents (yellow cabs and town cars)
- Train Accidents
- Subway Accidents
- Bus Accidents
Bronx Transit Accident Lawyer
Contact the Law Office of Evan W. Kohn for a transit accident lawyer who is ready to tackle your case. Whether you were injured due to the negligence of a bus driver or a train derailment, Mr. Kohn can present you with the legal solutions you need to take action against the parties involved.
The injuries sustained in your mass transit accident may entitle you to compensation for your pain and suffering, medical bills, lost income and trauma. Mr. Kohn will evaluate your case and help you hold negligent parties liable by working toward a settlement or, if necessary, filing an injury lawsuit on your behalf.
What You Need to Know if You Were Injured on a Subway
Millions of people ride the New York City subway systems every day. For the most part, the system functions smoothly and passengers get to their destinations without issues. However, because of the sheer volume of people riding the subway daily it should come as no surprise that sometimes accidents occur, and people get hurt. While most accidents suffered in subways are minor and go unreported, accidents suffered because of the negligence of another party should be taken seriously.
What Should You do After an Accident?
If you’ve been injured in an accident on a subway, knowing what steps to take afterwards could make the difference between winning and losing your claim. Listed below are some tips for what to do after being injured in a subway:
- Take care of yourself. Before you do anything after an accident, make sure you’re okay.
- Notify an employee. Once you’ve determined you’re okay and not in any immediate risk of further injury, speak with an employee at the subway and tell them what caused the accident so that more people aren’t injured. Be sure to write down the employee’s name.
- Take pictures. If you have a camera, take pictures of where the accident occurred and any debris or poor lighting that may have contributed to it. The more angles, the better.
- Witnesses. Try to get the names and contact information of any witnesses who may have seen the accident occur. This information could be helpful for your case if you decide to file a claim down the road.
- See a doctor. Even if you don’t think you need it, visit a doctor after your accident and save the documentation from your visit. Also, follow any health advice your doctor gives you.
- Take notes. Write down how the accident happened and record how you feel daily following the accident.
- Don’t waste time. If you’ve been seriously injured, contact a subway accident attorney as soon as possible. You will only have 90 days to submit your claim so the sooner you get started, the better.
The New York City Transit Authority is responsible for maintaining the safety of passengers who take the subway. So if you’ve been injured in an accident caused by negligence in the train or subway area, you may be liable to receive compensation for your injuries.
Contact an Experienced Transit Accident Attorney in the Bronx
If, as a result of your injury, you cannot drive or use public transportation to get to your appointment with Mr. Kohn, he will meet you in your home or in the hospital.
When you do visit Mr. Kohn at his offices, rest assured that parking is convenient and free. With experience in the related area of auto accident law as well as personal injury, the Law Office of Evan W. Kohn knows the local court system.
While no amount of money can make up for the pain and anguish you’ve endured, damages can help you pay for your rehabilitation expenses and provide financial security as you recover from your transit injury.
Mr. Kohn is dedicated to helping you get through this difficult time. Call The Law Offices of Evan W. Kohn at 718-409-5500 today to schedule your free consultation with our transit accident lawyer, and get answers to your questions. Zoom and Skype consultations are also available during the Covid-19 pandemic.