Auto collisions, even minor ones, can result in painful injuries and debilitating conditions. Back injuries are extremely common in car, truck, and bus accidents, and can result in long-term disability and a permanent change in quality of life.
If you sustain a back injury in a rear-end, head-on, side-swipe, T-bone, or other type of car accident in the Bronx, contact an experienced Bronx car accident attorney as soon as possible. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover compensation for medical expenses, loss of wages, and other damages.
Here are some examples of common back injuries caused by auto accidents:
- Spinal fractures — If you experience severe pain in the mid to lower back that increases with intensity whenever you move, you may have suffered a spinal fracture. This is a serious orthopedic injury that requires immediate medical attention. Spinal fractures typically occur as a result of a high velocity impact or accident, such as a car crash.
- Herniated discs — In between the vertebrae that make up your spine are rubbery, soft discs. A herniated or slipped disc happens when the soft center of a disc slips out of position through a crack. When the herniation compresses a nerve, the patient may experience painful symptoms. While some people experience little or no pain from having a herniated disc, others may suffer numbness, weakness, or pain in an arm or leg.
- Spinal cord injuries — Your spinal cord is made up of a bundle of nerves. Its job is to carry signals between your brain and the rest of your body. When the spinal cord suffers serious injury from an impact like a car crash, the damage can inhibit this communication. Victims who suffer serious spinal cord injuries may suffer partial or full paralysis.
- Back strains — A strain affects the muscles and tendons. Although relatively minor, back strains can be excruciatingly painful and restrict a person’s basic movement and motor skills for months.
- Back sprain — A sprain is more severe than a muscle strain and occurs when ligaments are overstretched or torn.
Back injuries are some of the most common conditions people experience after a car accident. If you suffer any type of pain after an auto accident, seek medical attention. Next, consult with a skilled personal injury lawyer.
Experienced Bronx car accident attorney helps you recover damages
When a car accident injury interferes with your life, the Law Offices of Evan W. Kohn is ready to help you get the compensation you need. With more than 30 years of experience, Evan Kohn has the knowledge and skill to take on the toughest cases.
To schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney today, call 718-409-5500 or contact us online. Se habla español. আমরা বাংলা কথা বলি।.